Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Apr 30 14:41:55 EDT 1997

The advantages of this tool, is that it has threads of dicussion.

Each thread is introduced as a new topic and the responses are replies
to that thread.  Anyone can introduce a new topic.
Also each reply can have its own subject, not just
a "RE - xxx" so the gist of the response can be include in the subject.
There can be state associated with a thread, such as open, closed, etc.
that the moderators can assign. Typically a thread is an issue in the
spec or design.  Finally, the monderator can declare that a topic (issue)
is closed.

The volume of mail on IPP is too much for mail readers to help organize, at
least the ones I'm familar with, such as Eudora.

Those who prefer can get all resonses as e-mail or only responses to
certain topics as e-mail.

Does this help why Alta-Vista Forum would help?

Anyone who want to, please point your web browser and login as me.

It should take less than five minutes to get a rough idea of what it is
like.

Thanks,
Tom