Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Tue Dec 2 17:43:19 EST 1997

Tom,

I, too, tend to like your proposal.  However, instead of:

> pwg(2699) pwgstandard(1) jobmon(1)
> pwg(2699) pwgexperimental(2) jobmon(1)

How about more simple words, such as:

pwg(2699) standard(1) jobmon(1)
pwg(2699) experimental(2) jobmon(1)

That is, there is no real value in having the "pwg" prefix.

The more I think of it, though, I don't think we need to have
an explicit "standard" tree.  Instead--just like the IETF--we
have an "experimental" subtree, but all other trees at that
level represent "standard" assignments.  This means we end up
with (for example):

pwg(2699) jobmon(1)
pwg(2699) experimental(2) jobmon(1)

Btw, I also agree with you that it is quite unnecessary to put
the Job MIB under an "experimental" tree at this point.  Let's
just assign the final, "standard" tree and be done with it.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --