Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 30 16:59:02 EST 2003

Shawn... I'm stuck! I really want to collocate a meeting... BUT... how
does it do us any good if the meetings run in parallel? Then someone has
to miss something and the likely resolution is that "FSGers" will go to
FSG and "PWGers" will go to PWG and we might as well not have combined. I
know I would have a very hard time choosing! Ideally, we'd collocate but
not run parallel. This would mean spanning a weekend... but this may not
"sit" well with people (travel, time, extra expenses over the weekend).
Another alternative is to book the weekend, or the Sunday before and
Saturday after. Again... folks grumbling... but we've got to get the work
done somehow!

As far as logistics... we will put up a URL for people to register their
intent to join the meeting. We spread the cost of meeting facilities
across the group so everyone ends up being charged $45-$65/day (depending
on location etc.).

We already have a hotel booked and would have to expand the room block,
meeting space, catering etc. I'm willing to do this... but we need to
decide on the above, quickly!!

Yes, everyone is responsible for their own reservations. We do negotiate a
rate (and a room block) at the hotel where the meeting is held... but some
people will get better rates at nearby hotels according to their corporate
arrangements.

Can you estimate how many people you would have coming to the f2f?
Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems

"PRATT,SHAWN (HP-Boise,ex1)" <shawn_pratt at hp.com>
01/30/2003 11:03 AM