Bill brings up the Microsoft Printing and Imaging Conference on June 5-6.
The question would be whether this would go in the "Conflict" or
"Alignment" column of the table, since if the PWG meeting was in Seattle
the week of June 2-6, we could possibly consider this "Alignment".
IBM Printing Systems
<WWagner at NetSilic To: "Farrell, Lee" <Lee.Farrell at cda.canon.com>, Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM at IBMUS, <pwg at pwg.org>
Sent by: Subject: RE: PWG> RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Rearranging PWG schedule
owner-pwg at pwg.org
03/26/03 12:05 PM
I agree with Lee. I see no reason to kill the Vancouver meeting. Early May
seems a good rescheduling for the April meeting (although I do not fully
understand on what grounds people dropped out of the April meeting.)
Also, unless it has been changed, I understand that there is a Microsoft
Printing and Imaging Conference in Redmond on June 5-6.
From: Farrell, Lee [mailto:Lee.Farrell at cda.canon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 1:55 PM
To: Harry Lewis; pwg at pwg.org
Subject: PWG> RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Rearranging PWG schedule
What's the fundamental goal here? To revisit the schedule for all
future meetings in the year, or just up to (but not including)
Is there any reason not to try to "squeeze in" four [newly scheduled]
meetings into the remainder of the year? [For example, June 2-6,
August 4-9, October 6-10 (why not still hold this in New York?), and
December 1-5 seem reasonable goals for future meetings. Eight week
separation on average, but still allowing four face-to-face meetings
for the rest of the year.
Given that this organization has already cut down this year's
schedule of meetings to only five, I would think that we should avoid
reducing it to four if we can.
Canon Development Americas
110 Innovation Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 856-7163 - voice
(949) 856-7510 - fax
lee.farrell at cda.canon.com
From: Harry Lewis [mailto:harryl at us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:29 AM
To: pwg-announce at pwg.org
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Rearranging PWG schedule
To recover from cancelation of D.C. I've prepared a scheduling guide.
As you can see, two weeks in June appear to be the best alternatives.
Please identify any conflicts / alignments I have missed. We need to
settle on the next meeting date quickly so people can reschedule
their canceled flights. People flying AA seem to have the shortest
amount of time and we may not be able to reschedule within their 2
day deadline! In this case I recommend these people reschedule for
the Provo meeting in October.
PLEASE HOLD DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC ON pwg at pwg.org NOT pwg-announce!
Chairman - ISTO Printer Working Group
IBM Printing Systems