PWG> Updated PWG Process comment

Farrell, Lee Lee.Farrell at
Wed Apr 14 14:06:08 EDT 2004

Good idea -- it works for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pwg at [mailto:owner-pwg at] On Behalf Of
thrasher at
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 7:11 AM
To: pwg at
Subject: Re: PWG> Updated PWG Process comment

I have a suggestion for modifying the "Maturity Level" (section 4.5.1)
of the current process document.

As I have been starting to update the older approved PWG documents I
noticed that the Maturity Level is currently not supposed to be included
on a Candidate Standard or Standard.....although on some of the recently
approved documents it is.....

I'm looking for a way to indicate that PWG 5100.4-2001 is obsolete
(other than a background watermark...).
when I update the links and front matter.

Change the "Maturity Level" to "Status"...and add "Approved" and
or "Obsoleted by...." as kewords to be used on Candidate Standards and

So the "Status" of a Working Draft or other PWG documents  would be
Initial, Interim, Prototype, and Stable.
The "Status" of a Candidate Standard/Standard/other approvable documents
would be Approved, or Obsolete....

Here's a copy of this applied to the update of well
as the updated cover matter."