Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Wed Sep 4 08:39:33 EDT 2002

All,
The official meeting minutes from Santa Fe have been posted to the PWG site.
The URL is
"ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic_model/Minutes/PWG-SM-020826.pdf".  I've
included a text version below.
Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Architecture Center
Email: PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Voice:    (716) 265-8755
FAX:      (716) 265-8871
US Mail: Peter Zehler
        Xerox Corp.
        800 Phillips Rd.
        M/S 128-30E
        Webster NY, 14580-9701

	b) The web site will be updated to include the working
		group and mail archives (Gail Songer & Pete Zehler
		to work offline)
	c) The Chair, Scribe and Editor for the working group is
		Peter Zehler
	d) A weekly phone conference will be set.  The time is TBD.
		Input has been requested from the participants on the
		mail list
	e) The schedule was discussed briefly
		i) A proposed final PWG Semantic document is targeted
			for the next PWG meeting
		ii) The Last call version of the document will be
			ready for the January meeting
		iii) The process for updating the Semantic Model will
			be in first draft form for the next PWG meeting
		iv) A proposed final update process will be ready for
			the January meeting.

2. Semantic Model Document review
		(Pete Zehler to make updates)
	a) Add definition of type 1, 2 and 3 keywords and include
		reference to rfc1759
	b) Remove the "xxx" from supported, ready and default
	c) Grouping of processing attributes needs review (Pete
		Zehler to initiate on mailing list and phone
		conference)
	d) "JobLevel" Processing attributes to be removed from
		processing group (See naming below)
	e) Status Codes should be Status strings and include
		references like the attributes
		i)If possible list actions that may return the Status
			Strings
	f) Will Notifications be addressed in the Semantic Model?
		(This will be resolved on the mailing list and phone
		conferences)

3. Naming of attribute groups

Printer
   Printer State Attributes
   Printer Description Attributes
   Processing Defaults
   Processing Supported
   Processing Ready

Job
   Job State Attributes
   Job Description Attributes
   Job Processing Attributes
   Default Document Processing Attributes

Document
   Document State Attributes
   Document Description Attributes
   Document Processing Attributes

(NOTE: For the IPP literate state and description attributes
	correspond the IPP Job/Printer description attributes.
	Processing attributes correspond to job template
	attributes.  See the updated (v0.08) PWG Semantic Model for
	details)

UPDATE: For clarity the Job's "Default Document Processing
	Attributes" was renamed to "Document Processing
	Attributes". They are exactly the same as the "Document
	Processing Attributes" of the Document.

4. Example Schema file review
	a) The sub-groups of the processing attributes should be
		broken out to their own xsd files
	b)Should the media names be added to the xsd file?  (No
		plans at this time.  It will be discussed on the
		mail list and phone conference)
		i)   Current size of pwgattr.xsd is 43KB.
		ii)  The size of the all the xsd files is 67KB.
		iii) Should there be a proper media object in the
			schema with its own xsd file?
The schema will be updated to reflect the changes in the Semantic
Model.

5.  Participants
Bergman, Ronal         Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions
Berkema, Alan          Hewlett Packard
Bigelow, Jim           Hewlett-Packard
Bradshaw, Elliott      Oak Technology
Farrell, Lee           Canon