WBMM> 14 August WBMM Conference Call

Wagner,William WWagner at NetSilicon.com
Wed Aug 13 22:19:03 EDT 2003

Greetings:

Reminder about Thursdays WBMM conference call. There will be no WebEX, so I suggest that you pull  copies of the documents  from the PWG site. I have added a updated use document and a compare document showing changes from the last version.

Time:12:00 PM EDT (9:00 AM PDT) Thursday  August  14 2003
Call-in US Toll-free: 1-877-874-5524
Call-in International/Toll: 1-712-455-8420
Participant Identification number: 497478

Subjects are:

1. Discussion of Charter Vote. Although I  do  not have the final tally, it appears that we  have five "yes" votes, no  "no" votes and one "abstain". So it would seem that we have an approved charter. However, this is not a rousing endorsement and the abstain was from HP, which also withdrew from editorship.  I suggest  we  therefore consider what the interest level really is and what, if anything,  we should do to change scope  or change approach to increase the  interest level and the  probability  of getting sufficient  implementations.

2. With the withdrawal of the editor, I  attempted to update the scenarios document to reflect the collected comments. We have agreed that the use document will be retained and updated as the normative document proceeds.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Use_Cases_7.pdf

I also  uploaded a  word  document with  changes tracked from  the last  version, but it is a monster file.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/Use_Cases_comp.doc

3. I  have massively reworked the  definitions  document and intend this  to  be an outline for an  approach partitioning the WBMM effort.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/definitions2.pdf

 One notion is that the different layers  of  WBMM could be developed independently. We should also pursue acquiring aspects  of WBMM from other activities. There  may be some comments. Also, Ira  may have suggested some alternate/additional operations that we  should discuss.

4. Next Steps. That depends very much on the results  of  #1.

Sorry for the  short notice  on the  agenda  and documents. Hope to have  a reasonable turnout.

Bill Wagner