Link below to an English language version of FSG Japan's
Bi-Di Printer API. Please review.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
From: TORATANI Yasumasa [mailto:toratani.yasumasa at canon.co.jp]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 7:29 PM
To: printing-architecture at freestandards.org;
printing-japan at freestandards.org
Subject: [Printing-architecture] Bi-di Plug-in API draft document
I've uploaded the Bi-di Plug-in API draft document at:
You can download the latest document from the above location,
and it's a first draft version fully translated in English.
I think, we need more clarifications in the near future version's
- The standard "idRequest" value for the bidiCtrl() function.
(Currently, no standard idRequest is defined.)
- Sample bi-di implementation under CUPS.
- Mapping some of the printer status data to IPP attributes.
- PPD keywords related to Bi-di Plug-in modules.
- Guidelines for saving the printer status data as a local file.
Comments are welcome.
Computer Technology Development Dept. 12
CANON INC. Shimomaruko Office, Japan
Printing-architecture mailing list
Printing-architecture at freestandards.orghttp://freestandards.org/mailman/listinfo/printing-architecture