WIMS> Prototype questions

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Aug 3 15:31:03 EDT 2004

Hi Harry,

My intent all along (I guess not well-documented) is that a given
SendReport conveys the results of the atomic action for a single
one of the ActionTargetURI values (identified by the parameter
'sourceURI' and also the element ReportSourceURI embedded
in the Report object instance).

Note that the Source URI identifies EITHER a WIMS Agent
(such as the proxy running the Schedule) OR a legacy agent
(such as the SNMP URI of a legacy printer).  That's why the
source is NOT implicit in the originator of the connection.

Does that help?

- Ira

PS - A refinement would be to have SendReport send a SET
of Report object instances (one or more), one for each target.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434