WIMS> Wednesday 29 Sept WIMS Teleconference

WIMS> Wednesday 29 Sept WIMS Teleconference

Wagner,William WWagner at NetSilicon.com
Tue Sep 28 15:35:04 EDT 2004

The next WIMS conference call will be  Wednesday  September 29,   2004.

Time: Noon Eastern (9am Pacific)
        Call-in US Toll-free: 1-877-874-5524
        Call-in International/Toll: 1-712-455-8420
        Participant Identification number: 497478

It is important that we have an updated WIMS spec draft for next week's face to face. Unfortunately, I ran into some questions in implementing the various updates to the spec, so I would like to spend the hour tomorrow going over the multiple issues.

Some of these issues are:

1.  We had the intent of changing Target URI and Source URI to Agent URI or Manager URI, as appropriate. But for some reason, they didn't seem to be all changed. I thought I should check before I chopped it up any more.

2. I think the parameter arguments are changed to vendor Parameters

3. Understanding that the element and argument names in the schema need prefixes for differentiation, I still am uncertain if the spec should include the these prefixes. I suspect that it would be easier to correlate spec to schema, but then there is so much more detail in the schema that perhaps it makes no difference.

4. I think subscription ID is added as indicated.

5. I floundered on whether target object should be included in subscription and schedule actions.

Because the spec draft is in such a  chaotic state, I propose to send it out only to wag members likely to join tomorrow's teleconference. If you intent to participate but have not received a copy , please let me know.

  Bill Wagner