WIMS> ACTION REQUEST PWG-wide comments needed on the PWG Standard for M ultifunction Device Counters specification

Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Thu Nov 4 07:33:44 EST 2004

All,

Now is the time for anyone mildly interested in fleet management or the
standardization of "click" counters on multifunction devices to take a look
at this specification.  We need to get comments from the PWG at large before
a MIB and schema are created based on this specification.   The
specification is about 35 pages of which 8 are boiler plate.  The
specification consists mainly of tables, diagrams and lists and should not
take too long to review.  Please send any comments to the WIMS mailing list
<mailto:wims at pwg.org <mailto:wims at pwg.org> >  by close of business November
12 so they may be addressed in the review of the specification.

In preparation for the upcoming PWG meeting in San Antonio please review the
PWG Standard for Multifunction Device Counters.  The objective is to review
this document section by section to prepare it for a Last Call.   Particular
attention should be paid to section 7 on conformance.  We want to reduce the
mandatory counters to a minimal but useful subset.  I have taken an initial
pass but I need other eyes to see if there can be further cuts or if I took
out any critical counters.

The specification to use for the review is available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20041102.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20041102.pdf> >

An MS Word version is available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20041102.doc
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20041102.doc> >

Pete

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group