WIMS> Misuse of 'parameter' in Counter spec

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Mar 28 11:46:25 EST 2005

Hi,

Somewhere during recent edits, the term 'parameter' has crept
into the Counter spec as a synonym for 'counter' (8 instances
in the 25 March version).

In computer science, 'parameter' has only one meaning:  an argument
to a function or procedure.  It cannot be a 'counter' in any case.

Please globally replace 'parameter' with 'counter' (I've verified
that this is safe in all 8 instances).

PS - We need to be very careful not to use different terms for
the same concept in this spec, because it's hard enough to read
anyway.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434