To those interested in participating in the DMTF CIM/PWG realignment activity:
At last week's kickoff conference:
a. Thursdays at 2 PM EDT was established as the recurring conference call time. This time is just for CIM related topics and is distinguished from the general WIMS conference on Wednesdays.
b. Craig Whittle (Sharp) was appointed WIMS Co-Chair and CIM Topic leader.
c. Immediate action items were established:
1. Rick will post a sample CIM change request HTML template. (DONE)
2. A general announcement will be posted that PWG-CIM has been organized and is running under WIMS. (DONE)
3. Ira will post the first pass review of Printer MIBv2 matched to CIM_Printer
4. By Aug 4, we will have collectively reviewed the Printer MIB and CIM and agree on the phase-1 (pipe cleaner) set of candidate recommendations.
5. By Aug 18 we will have a draft of the phase-1 submission.
6. Harry will re-open the Work Register with DMTF, review the schedule, clarify the phased approach and try to get a better feel for what process will be encountered on the way to DMTF approval.
The next WIMS/CIM conference is 28 July at 2PM EDT. Call in information is:
Dial In: 1-866-365-4406
Toll #: 1-303-248-9655
Tentative Agenda is:
1. acceptance of the last meeting's Minutes: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/minutes/cim_050720.pdf
2. Review of Agenda - Craig's Input
3. Review of Progress on scheduled items (3,4,5 above)
4. Change request process information (much simplified by Rick's information)
5. Consideration of CIM Printer Device, using the posted "flatClassessHTML_CIM2.9_20050330.zip" tool. at ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/
6. Next steps.
Subsequent emails bearing on DMTF CIM/PWG activities will be on the WIMS mailing list. See http://www.pwg.org/mailhelp.html to subscribe.
Bill Wagner, Chairman, WIMS WG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...