WIMS> FW: [Isms] BEEP as a transport for X

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Aug 16 13:47:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

Below are interesting comments from IETF people about why BEEP
is nowhere near 'ready for prime time'.  I pass these along (as
Bert Wijnen did) because people should understand that there are
NOT high quality libraries widely deployed for BEEP.

For WIMS and other WS-protocols developed by the PWG, 'SOAP over
something' (but not SOAP over BEEP) remains the best choice - that
is, W3C SOAP/1.2.  Developing anything new over non-interoperable
SOAP/1.1 is a waste of time and money.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434