WIMS> WIMS CIM Weekly conference call 25 August at 2PM ETD

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 23:18:51 EDT 2005

This message is with respect to WIMS/CIM meeting which will be held on
Thursday 25 August at 2PM EDT.

Agenda is:

1.      Approval/ exceptions to minutes of 18 August

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/minutes/cim_050818.pdf

( and I think Ira is correct, the minutes should be posted in
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/minutes/cim_yymmdd.pdf but we can talk about
it)

2.      Update on attempts to contact CIM Core and Mr. German.

3.      Comments on Rick's updated draft:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscimalign-20050822.pdf

4. Consideration of Ira's comment:

All - please look at Printer and _other_ object classes in CIM Printing.
Overall,

a very small number of the Printer MIB and IPP attributes are presently
defined

in CIM Printing.  This affects the size of the eventual alignment work
(nearterm

it's smaller, long term it's a much bigger job than I had anticipated).

4.      Again revisit the question of what sort of document (or set of
documents) we produce:

a.       To brief CIM Core

b.      As a recommendation to CIM Core that represents  PWG consensus. That
is, the document may have no official standing eith DMTF, but I think that
it should be reviewed and commented  on by the PWG as a whole, not just the
WIMS/CIM group.

Please tune in.

Dial In: 1-866-365-4406
Toll #: 1-303-248-9655