WIMS> CIM> Draft CR (for CIM_Printer.mof)

WIMS> CIM> Draft CR (for CIM_Printer.mof)

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Thu Feb 23 11:35:51 EST 2006

Craig, great draft, thanks.  And faster than a speeding email.

A few minor suggestions:

- The DMTF Change Request Number will eventually be the official number
assigned by CIMCore.  We will have to keep track of our requests by some
other naming/numbering scheme.

- The Short Description should really be short, I think, caption-like, a
dozen-ish words.  In this case, I would suggest something along the
lines of "PWG editorial changes to CIM_Printer, phase 1."

- Dependencies: I don't think that this CR depends on the approval of
any others.  I would suggest that we leave this empty or "None."  On the
other hand, some fo the later CRs might depend on this one, if we have
several in the pipeline simultaneously.

- I think we could use a really short paragraph at the beginning of the
Requested Change section to remind people that these are all changes to
the properties of the CIM_Printer class.  You know, "Replace the text in
the property descriptions of CIM_Printer.mof as follows."

- Can we move the normative document references to the end of the Change
section?  Kind of distracting at the front.

- Good to have the section numbers in Ira's doc for our cross-checking,
but I assume we will lose those in the final draft.

- Really good idea, I think, to have the line number in the MOF file.
We could say "line ####" to make it unmistakable.

Again, thanks.

rick