Craig, great draft, thanks. And faster than a speeding email.
A few minor suggestions:
- The DMTF Change Request Number will eventually be the official number
assigned by CIMCore. We will have to keep track of our requests by some
other naming/numbering scheme.
- The Short Description should really be short, I think, caption-like, a
dozen-ish words. In this case, I would suggest something along the
lines of "PWG editorial changes to CIM_Printer, phase 1."
- Dependencies: I don't think that this CR depends on the approval of
any others. I would suggest that we leave this empty or "None." On the
other hand, some fo the later CRs might depend on this one, if we have
several in the pipeline simultaneously.
- I think we could use a really short paragraph at the beginning of the
Requested Change section to remind people that these are all changes to
the properties of the CIM_Printer class. You know, "Replace the text in
the property descriptions of CIM_Printer.mof as follows."
- Can we move the normative document references to the end of the Change
section? Kind of distracting at the front.
- Good to have the section numbers in Ira's doc for our cross-checking,
but I assume we will lose those in the final draft.
- Really good idea, I think, to have the line number in the MOF file.
We could say "line ####" to make it unmistakable.
From: owner-wims at pwg.org [mailto:owner-wims at pwg.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 22:27
To: Whittle, Craig; 'wims at pwg.org'
Subject: RE: WIMS> CIM> Draft CR (for CIM_Printer.mof)
Just did a quick review - looks very good - thanks for such quick
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
From: owner-wims at pwg.org [mailto:owner-wims at pwg.org]On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:03 PM
To: 'wims at pwg.org'
Subject: WIMS> CIM> Draft CR (for CIM_Printer.mof)
The draft CR (for CIM_Printer.mof) has been posted to
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/CIMCoreNNNNN.000.htm). Please review
and be prepared to discuss in our teleconference tomorrow.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...