WIMS> RE: Counter MIB v1 [Samsung prototype ideas]

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Apr 5 17:45:25 EDT 2007

Hi Walt,

Thanks very much for your interest in prototyping Counter MIB!

YES - your prototype plan (below) is completely sufficient.

(Although, oddly, the Abstract Counter spec goes slightly further
and requires the MediaUsed group for each service you instrument,
which I consider a bug - Bill and Pete - maybe we should FIX the
Abstract Counter spec accordingly?)

To document your prototype for the PWG Process, you can simply
send an email note to HYPERLINK "mailto:wims at pwg.org"wims at pwg.org that says "we have prototyped
the Counter MIB".   If you wish, it would be nice to summarize the
MIB tables you implemented (e.g., as below).  It is important to report
any problems you encounter.

If you decide to prototype, then we will delay the PWG Last Call of the
Counter MIB v2 spec until we have your feedback and have addressed
any problems (e.g., documentation, clarity, conformance, etc.).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434