WIMS> RE: CIM> Colorant Role is a C, right?

WIMS> RE: CIM> Colorant Role is a C, right?

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri May 18 11:12:29 EDT 2007

Yes, but the point I was trying to make is that they cannot be confused:
they're always different colors.  If the printer says that I need cyan
toner, I know that it is the process cyan since there is no spot cyan.
If it asks for red, I know that it is spot red because there is no
process red.  And I don't think that any manufacturer would include both
a process black and a spot black.  So the role is unambiguous, I think,
based on the color.

Yes, Mitsubishi has some eight-process-color printers, four of whose
toners will be forced to have color Other, but we have cleverly added
OtherColorDescription to disambiguate.

It's only one property.

I thought that we carefully triple-checked all the cases where there was
a disconnect between the votes and the consensus.  But I cannot remember
the discussion around this point at all.

rick