Next WIMs/CIM concall is Thursday 26 July, at 12 Noon EDT.
Dial In: 1-866-365-4406
Toll #: 1-303-248-9655
1. Review of the Minutes of the July Face to Face
· Harry to follow up with PWG membership invitations (or just participation invitations) to prinyter managment companies
· Jerry to add note to existing informational Counter MIB referring to current revision activity
· Pete to add update to media-used counters into new Semantic Model
· Next Steps on Imaging State and Counter MIB
2. Charter Discussion Projects and Dates ( I will have a draft out tomorrow)
3. Comments on DMTF Alliance Partner Meet5ing (Craig)
4. CIM/CIM Core Activities (Rick)
And the last two CRs, for PrintMediaPath and PrintFinisher, passed 1 to 0.
5. Points relative to CIM activity that Ira brought up:
(1) IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) defines the Job attribute output-device-assigned (name(127))
(2)IPP Job Extensions (PWG 5100.7) defines the Printer (i.e.,CIM_PrintService) attribute output-device-supported (1setOf name(127))
These map cleanly to CIM_Printer (i.e., PrintDevice): CIM_ManagedSystemElement.Name
So we should define:
a refinement of CIM_ManagedSystemElement.Name using Override clause to map to sysName in MIB-II and/or prtGeneralPrinterName in Printer MIB v2
(2) CIM_PrintService.OutputDevicesSupported, a string array of Name property values for the class CIM_Printer.
(3) CIM_AssociatedPrinter, an association class for a CIM_Printer (device) with a scoping CIM_PrintService
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...