WIMS> WIMS Concall 10 January 12 Noon EST

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 21:58:45 EST 2008

Unfortunately, something has come up and I will not be able to chair the 10
January meeting. I ask Craig or Ira to do the honors.

I have a few comments on Ira's changes, and some questions. It appears that
the change marking of items in the MIB itself were lost, so my comments are
on the text of the changed items rather than the changes per se.

1. Usage information for all times gives three possible derivation sources.
I would be happier if just sysUpTime were referenced because I expect any
networked device will include this object, and it would be better to have a
consistent correlation.

2. The usage description for  icMonitorMemoryAllocWarnings, taken cold,
seems a bit off.
        "Usage:  This counter is intended to support increasing available
        memory on an Imaging System before job failures occur."
If a usage comment is needed at all, I would suggest something like:
	"Usage:  This counter provides a measure the safety margin in memory
capacity, to indicate that inadequate Imaging System memory capacity should
be increased before job failures occur."

3. A similar comment with regard to  icMonitorStorageAllocWarnings

4. I think I have a problem with the usage information in
icTrafficInputMessages and icTrafficOutputMessages.
	"System input messages may be mapped from ifInUcastPkts"
In the Counter Spec, we defined
"Message - A single application protocol request or response (that may
consist of multiple application protocol data units) received or sent by
Service such as EmailIn or FaxOut."

Even neglecting the question of how one associates ifInUcastPkts to a
specific protocol, it does not strike me that there is a clear correlation
between message and unicast packets.

5. Line 3876: two section breaks?

Thanks,

Bill Wagner