WIMS> CIM> How does one find the DefaultLanguage for a printer?

WIMS> CIM> How does one find the DefaultLanguage for a printer?

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri Mar 6 10:58:41 EST 2009

Ira, either there is a conceptual bug in CIM_Printer, or I have slipped
a cog and forgotten something that we agreed on long ago.  Please remind
me.

The property CIM_Printer.DefaultLanguage says that it "Indicates the
default printer language."  (This is PDL, not natural language.  And
this is an old property, not one that we added recently.)  However, in
an SNMP printer, the default PDL Interpreter is specified per Channel.
And there is no default Channel.  Well, oops on me.

Did we agree on a way to set this and I just forgot?  Is there an
obvious algorithm that I am being blind to?

RSVP.

rick
Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO
Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-32, Round Rock, TX 78682