[WIMS] Hints about simpler Power conformance?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:26:59 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,

By Wednesday next week (30 September), I have to
publish some ASN.1 sketch of PWG Power Mgmt MIB,
per our project charter.

I plan to delete from the Power Model these properties:

- PowerMonitor.MonitorID (redundant, only 1 allowed)
- PowerMonitor.LastLogID (not useful, per Mike Fenelon)
- PowerRequest.RequestID (redundant, only 1 allowed)

I now suggest 3 Power conformance packages (not levels,
because they are orthogonal packages):

Status (REQUIRED)
- PowerMonitor group
  (3 read-only properties)
- PowerLog group
  (1 key, 4 read-only properties, minimum 2 rows)

Capabilities (OPTIONAL)
- PowerMode group (supported states)
  (1 key, 5 read-only properties)
- PowerTransition group (supported transitions)
  (2 keys, 1 read-only property)

Settings (OPTIONAL)
- PowerPolicy group
  (1 key, 13 min-access read-only properties)
- PowerRequest group (state change)
  (1 read-write property, 4 read-only properties)
  (1 key, 13 properties, min-access read-only)

Apart from simplifying (?) PowerPolicy group,
does this approach seem better to you?

I'd like to update my Model draft before our next
Monday WIMS WG, if we can come any closer
to a common vision.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter: