[WIMS] Power Management Last Call

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 17:52:09 UTC 2010

Thank you to all the respondents. The Last Call period for the Power
Management documents is ended.

Apparently, Ira wishes to address the last call comments in an update
without any further discussion, or the potential of any additional comments,
which is a completely valid interopretation of the process. Because the
formal vote is not anticipated until January (presumably so there will be
some chance to consider MPSA comments anticipated at December end?), there
is no rush. So, unless there is a specific request for a concall, there will
be no WIMS call this week.

We need to discuss with IDS who will have the time slot on 18 November.
There will be no calls on 25 November. So our next WIMS call may be 2
December, where we would discuss the slides for the face-to-face slide for
9 December.

BTW - Since we have the nine responses to the last call, it is of no
significance in this case. But, for the future,  I think we need some formal
clarification  of the process document.  It states

" If less than 30 percent of the PWG membership have commented,
participated, or communicated that they have no comments for a given
document during Last Call, the Last Call period is automatically extended
until that threshold is met. "

Whereas the requirements for voting does refer to "eligible members" , this
description of last call does not, suggesting at all members (27) are
considered. Further, I would think that we do not discard 'fractional
members'  and therefore round up numbers when counting quorums. But that is
just my take. Perhaps it should be made clear and documented.

Bill Wagner