[WIMS] MPSA Security Article

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 18:45:05 UTC 2011

Attached (perhaps) and posted at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/MPSA/Access article.doc is a skeleton
draft of the February Access article for the MPSA, preceded by the original
outline. Most of the information is edited from the MFD Model document
security section by Nancy Chen (which was removed in favor of a simple
IEEE-2600 reference). The draft currently is incohesive, incomplete, and
non-compelling. I solicit contributions on Identification, Authentication
and Authorization, and on Logging, as well as comments on the overall
structure and intent of the article.

I have agreed to edit and integrate contributions to provide a competed
article (although I would be willing to surrender that pleasure should
someone else volunteer.) It is our objective to get a reasonable article to
Jim Fitzpatrick for the February contribution. Although that suggests  28
January , depending upon how well the article takes shape, we may want to
discuss this at the February face-to-face and submit it by 3 February.

We also need to consider the questions we wish to include in the associated
survey. The questions should be geared to helping us understand how MPSA
members see these security issues in their business, particularly with an
aim to what we might do to better satisfy their problems by informing them
what is available, by better documenting what might be done, and by making
our PWG member companies aware of the perceived problems and needs.

Many thanks,

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.