[WIMS] Printer MIB and IPP MFD Alerts - Stable draft (26 Feb 2012)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Feb 27 18:22:01 EST 2012

My comments:

1. Abstract: maybe spell out facsimile here instead of just using "fax", and I suggest combining paragraph 1 and 2 since there is duplicate information (and "This document also ..." is used a couple times in a row) - I'm a big fan of short abstracts...

2. Page 4: Should add "About the Workgroup for Imaging Management Solutions" section with the links to the PMP activity in it (just like we do for others...)

3. Page 7: Most printers sold today are MFDs, so I would recommend just dropped "in office environments".

4. Global: Do we care that MODEM is an acronym (MOdulator DEModulator) and not an ordinary word?

5. Page 8, section 2.2:
	a. Line 214: extra blank line
	b. Lines 224-225: Wrong paragraph style, so you needed an extra blank line?

6. Page 9, section 3.1:
	a. Line 232: Missing space - list style issue? (should be 12pt before, suppress between paragraphs of same style), see page 11, section 3.4 which has a different style...

7. Page 14, Section 4.2, Line 337: "Fax Modem" has a space, but none of the other subunits do. Typo?

8. Global: Check that your footer text has a space before the "Page N of M" line; Page 16 has no whitespace between the table and footer...

9. Page 22, Section 8, Line 452: New paragraph?

10. Page 26, Section 9.3: Wrong format for registrations; see existing 5100.x specs for the format...

11. Page 30, Section 11: "Michael Sweet" instead of "Mike Sweet"

That's all!

On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Ira McDonald wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> [For WIMS WG last call]
>

> I just posted a Stable draft of the Printer MIB and IPP MFD Alerts
> (MFD Alerts) specification at:
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpmfdalerts10-20120226.pdf / doc
> - clean copy with line numbers and live table of contents
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpmfdalerts10-20120226-rev.pdf / doc
> - redlines copy with line numbers and live table of contents
>
> Note 1:  This version is technically complete, the IPP binding has been
> prototyped by Apple, and this document is ready for WG last call.
>
> Note 2:  There is still a trailing blank line at the end of section 6.4, but this is
> an artifact of the PDF creation (it doesn't show in the MS Word source).
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira

> Change History for version of 26 February 2012 – Stable

> of IPP binding, per WIMS WG review.
>
> Editorial:  Revised section 3.3 Out-of-Scope to change “must not” to
> “should not”, since section 3 Requirements is Informative.
>
> Editorial:  Revised headers of Table 2 in section 5.2 and Table 3 in
> section 5.3 to delete redundant word “Value” and thus correct widowed
> line at bottom of Table 2 (see clean version), per WIMS WG review.
>

> --

believed to be clean.