Character Repertories Mail Archive: CR> FW: character encodi

CR> FW: character encoding diagram

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 13:50:00 EST

    Hi folks,

    Just off the Linux I18N mailing list.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald
      High North Inc

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Thomas.Wolff@siemens.com [mailto:Thomas.Wolff@siemens.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:52 AM
    To: linux-utf8@nl.linux.org
    Subject: character encoding diagram

    Just for fun, I've made the enclosed diagram (using a UML tool) that
    shows the relations of major character sets and encodings.
    A solid line means a compatible extension, a dashed line means an
    implementation (here in the sense that an encoding implements a
    character set).
    Perhaps such a diagram could be useful in a Howto or tutorial.

    Kind regards,
    Thomas Wolff