Character Repertories Mail Archive: CR> Preferred Character

From: ElliottBradshaw@oaktech.com
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 15:11:38 EST

    I have posted a draft document at:

         ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Character-Repertoires/wd-pcr10-20030228.html

    In it I take a shot at how to organize the use of character repertoires in
    printing from small devices. The meat of this document is pretty short;
    I'll add the potatoes when/if there is consensus that this is the right way
    to go.

    Following the discussion in Maui I replace ISO-8859 references with similar
    code charts from Unicode.

    Our next conference call is comfirmed at:

         4pm EST Wed March 12

    In this call I would like to discuss comments on this document. Also
    please send points for discussion to the reflector beforehand.

      -Elliott

    Pete Z.: what other things should we consider so that this can be
    referenced from SM?

    Elliott Bradshaw
    Director, Software Engineering
    Oak Technology Imaging Group