Re: IDS> IETF NEA documents

From: thrasher@lexmark.com
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 09:21:57 EST

    Ira et. al.

    FYI,

    The individual submission you mention regarding mutual assessment was
    presented
    at the last IETF meeting and at that time deemed out of scope for
    now.......

    Jerry Thrasher
    Senior Engineer, WW Corporate Standards
    Lexmark International Inc.
    Ph:859-825-4056, Fax:859-232-7628
    Email:thrasher(at)lexmark(dot)com

    "Ira McDonald" <blueroofmusic@gmail.com>
    Sent by: owner-ids@pwg.org
    02/29/2008 01:53 PM

    "Farrell, Lee" <Lee.Farrell@cda.canon.com>, "Ira McDonald"
    <blueroofmusic@gmail.com>
    cc
    IDS@pwg.org
    Subject
    Re: IDS> IETF NEA documents

    Hi,

    Another individual IETF draft on NEA (interesting by the way):

    Title: Mutual Network Endpoint Assessment
    Filename: draft-wei-nea-mnea-00.txt

    On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Farrell, Lee <Lee.Farrell@cda.canon.com>
    wrote:

    > There are four docs that I could find related to the NEA activity.
    >
    > The first one is currently in (or has already passed?) IETF Last Call:
    >

    > Title: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements
    > Filename: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-06.txt
    > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-06.txt
    >

    > The other three are *very* preliminary submissions as proposals, and
    should
    > not be referenced as anything but [potential] works in progress:
    >
    > Title: PA-TNC Security: A Posture Attribute (PA) Security
    Protocol

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sangster-nea-pa-tnc-security-00.txt

    > Title: PB-TNC: A Posture Broker Protocol (PB) Compatible with
    TNC
    > Filename: draft-sahita-nea-pb-tnc-00.txt
    >

    > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sahita-nea-pb-tnc-00.txt
    >
    > Title: PA-TNC: A Posture Attribute Protocol (PA) Compatible
    with
    > TNC
    > Filename: draft-sangster-nea-pa-tnc-00.txt
    >

    > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sangster-nea-pa-tnc-00.txt
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > lee
    > ===========================