IDS> NAC Attributes definitions

From: thrasher@lexmark.com
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 11:19:17 EDT

    I have looked through most fo the public Cisco documentation on their NAC
    web site, and the only
    attribute reference/definitions I've found continues to be in the appendix
    (NAC Attribute Reference)
     of the NAC Framework Deployment Guide.

    Cisco NAC Framework Deployment Guide
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns466/ns617/net_design_guidance0900aecd80417226.pdf

    I have sent an email to the information email address on the site asking
    if there is an updated reference
    for the "application types" and "attributes" as alluded to in the text of
    the appendix.

    However there still is enough information in the document to allow us to
    get started with the task
    of deciding what types of attributes would be appropriate for hardcopy
    devices.

    The NAC Attribute Reference defines a structure for how the information is
    communicated via the
    EAP exchanges (in 802.1x) as well as datatypes definitions for the
    attributes that are defined.

    Please look at the Attribute Reference table in the document at how the AV
    (Antivirus) Application Type
    is defined.

    Jerry Thrasher
    Senior Engineer, WW Corporate Standards