Re: IDS> DRAFT: IETF NEA proposal

From: Dave Whitehead (david@lexmark.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 13:31:01 EDT

    Randy,

    Looks good. Two comments about Configuration State:

    1> We should mandate the use of a cryptographically secure hash function
    (SHA256/512)

    2> Vendors provide the set of available configuration items but the
    customer selects which items to include in the hash -- some they care
    about, some they don't.

    David H. Whitehead
    Development Engineer
    Lexmark International, Inc.
    859.825.4914
    davidatlexmarkdotcom

    Randy Turner <rturner@amalfisystems.com>
    Sent by: owner-ids@pwg.org
    08/15/08 04:02 AM

    ids@pwg.org
    cc

    Subject
    IDS> DRAFT: IETF NEA proposal

    Hi All,

    Please read the attached RTF and provide any feedback you may have...

    Please excuse the VERY simple, raw formatting I'm using - this has to be
    in the simplest ASCII text form possible for eventual emailing to the
    NEA
    mailing list.

    For now, just concentrate on the content :) :)

    Thanks!
    Randy

    [attachment "draft-nea-proposal.rtf" deleted by Dave
    Whitehead/Lex/Lexmark]