Re: IDS> DRAFT: IETF NEA proposal

From: Randy Turner (rturner@amalfisystems.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 14:24:45 EDT

    Hi Bill,

    Thanks for the comments....

    I will make the change to the time-source description, removing the
    "chip" qualifier, I was just trying to define the value using a
    concrete example the NEA guys would understand

    I used the phrase "between interfaces" because it's more sellable in
    this group - and I think it even applies to your PSTN example. The
    PSTN-fax is an interface, any network connection is an "interface",
    and you use the term "local interface" which suggests something else,
    but it's still an interface. I didn't qualify my use of the term
    interface because I wanted it to apply to anything.

    If we want to get PSTN-specific, and actually mandate that it's the
    PSTN interface we're talking about with regards to forwarding, then I
    would create another PSTN forwarding attribute and add it to the HCD
    category...

    Randy