IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Proposed Summary of IPP Feature Set -Reply

Re: IPP> Proposed Summary of IPP Feature Set -Reply

Randy Turner (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Fri, 03 Jan 1997 13:53:05 -0800

I concur with Jay and Scott's comments (and have echoed this in past
messages)

For now, just submit a print job and check status on the job submitted.
In my opinion, this should be the core of our first draft.

Things like how we find a printer, and IPP-enabling drivers should come
later.

Randy

Scott A. Isaacson wrote:

> I share Jay's concern/confusion/frustration about the scope of this
> "protocol".
>
> I am still strongly against trying to solve the "automatic driver download
> and install problem right now."
>
> I do agree that it is an important feature to think about, but it is not critical
> right now. The clear objective that we just received from the area
> director (s) is to "KEEP IT SIMPLE". Simple things are implemented and
> hence accepted. Complex things are not. We have enough on our
> plates as it is. Let's save dessert for later.
>
> Scott

> Scott A. Isaacson
> Print Services Consulting Engineer
> Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
> V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
> F: (801) 861-4025, E: scott_isaacson@novell.com
> W: http://www.novell.com

Randy Turner
Network Architect