IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MOD - DESCRIPTION OF ADDITIONAL TEXT FORMATTING ATTRIBUTES

Re: IPP> MOD - DESCRIPTION OF ADDITIONAL TEXT FORMATTING ATTRIBUTES

Randy Turner (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 08:32:46 -0800

JK Martin wrote:

> With all due respect, I think any attempts at specifying standard
> print job formatting controls for IPP v1.0 is just TOO much.
>
> Where do you stop with such specifications? When I read what Keith
> has proposed, it makes me wonder why many other "common" formatting
> features aren't included.
>
> Developing a standard for transmitting print jobs (and getting related
> status) is one thing, but specifying job formatting facilities would
> appear to be a "tip of the iceberg" sort of thing that can very quickly
> get out of control.
>
> Am I alone in this opinion?

No.

I believe in some level of job control, but I think specifying
how borders are drawn is a little too detailed, IMHO.

Randy