IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Press Release - Quote

Re: IPP> Press Release - Quote

Robert Herriot (Robert.Herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:59:12 -0700

I agree with Bill Wagner that there may be confusion about which
fax protocol the quote references. Perhaps, we could get a revised quote
(first clause changed) that says something like:

"Printing lacks a standard industry-wide protocol.
It is critical that key industry players
implement a standard protocol for submitting documents
over the Internet to remote printers. With active
participation by major printer, browser, and networking
companies, the IPP Working Group is on a fast track to
provide such a solution."