IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP>MOD reconsideration of model decision

Re: IPP>MOD reconsideration of model decision

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 5 May 1997 17:04:10 PDT

At 03:17 PM 5/5/97 PDT, JK Martin wrote:

>Perhaps I'm missing something, then. Does anyone think that IPP is
>being designed such that today's print drivers can submit jobs to
>an IPP Printer?

I had assumed so, provided that you put a new piece of software in between
the old print driver and the protocol stub.

New "IPP-aware" drivers can later replace that combination with an IPP-driver.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com