IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP>MOD - Multiple documents per job

Re: IPP>MOD - Multiple documents per job

Robert Herriot (Robert.Herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Mon, 12 May 1997 18:37:29 -0700

Your suggestion seems to add some additional information that
a client must supply about needed resources. Then the client
supplies the information twice, in a summary at the beginning
of the job and detailed information with each job. If the
client has such information at the beginning, I would expect
it could fully specify all attributes.

If we are going to have all job attributes at the beginning
of the job (and we may abandon the idea), then I believe
that any attribute that pertains to a particular document
is identified so that no additional information needs to
be supplied with the document itself, unless a value is
marked as "forward".

I think that this idea started out as a simplification.
We need to keep it that way or abandon it. We need to
be clear about what problem we are solving here.

Bob Herriot