IPP Mail Archive: Re: JMP> Re: IPP> MOD JobState suggestion

Re: JMP> Re: IPP> MOD JobState suggestion

Tom Hastings (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:38:50 PDT

I agree that canceled can be entered from any state and that a system
might (but need not) abort a stopped job.

The definition of the aborted state for IPP and JMP supports your
idea with the weasil word "usually" in the definition:

aborted:
The job has been aborted by the system, usually while the job was in the
processing state.

So how does this picture look to you for IPP and JMP (IPP wouldn't
have the enums and wouldn't have the "active/in-active" line, since
it is a JMP-only term).

Running arrows from every state to canceled and from stopped to
aborted would look like this:

>> +--------->----------+------>------+--> canceled(7)
>> | | |
>> +---> pending(3) -------> processing(5) -------> completed(9)