IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP>PRO - Print by reference

Re: IPP>PRO - Print by reference

Scott Lawrence (lawrence@agranat.com)
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 10:20:37 -0400

LM> I think that you might want to allow a 'reference'
LM> to be a compound attribute consisting of a URL (the
LM> location of the referenced resource) and the credentials
LM> (the authority by which the reference is being accessed),

Without quoting all of it, I agree completely with Larrys suggestion
to formulate print-by-reference to allow including 'transferable'
credentials (there are security schemes out there that include such
things). If there are no credentials supplied, the request
degenerates to my suggestion that the printer provide credentials of
its own, etc...

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/