IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> PRO - A value-type field for the Protocol Spec proposal

Re: IPP> PRO - A value-type field for the Protocol Spec proposal

Scott Lawrence (lawrence@agranat.com)
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 10:47:07 -0400

TH> We could also choose to encode the current Model dateTime data type
TH> as binary, using some existing standard. That might help with the
TH> localization of dates and times and the time zone problem. However,
TH> if there is a standard for the representation of dates and time
TH> in printable form, including time zones, I suggest that we stick
TH> with printable dateTime.

There is a very good ISO spec for representing date/time: ISO 8601;
there is a page about it at:

http://www.ft.uni-erlangen.de/~mskuhn/iso-time.html

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>