IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Identifying jobs in requests

Re: IPP> Identifying jobs in requests

Randy Turner (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:05:13 -0700

Paul Moore wrote:

> I mean that not using jobids at all (which is what we do at present)
> ties us to HTTP.

In the model document, job identifiers are URLs. If we have pushed URLs
out of themain body of the protocol up into the transport layer, then
this is a mistake. Job identifiers
belong within the application/ipp body, and, according to the model
document, object
identifiers are in URL format. Also, the use of URL/URI strings as
object identifiers in
and of itself does not tie us to any one transport mechanism.

Randy