IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> ipp & tiff

Re: IPP> ipp & tiff

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:40:26 PDT

At 02:17 PM 7/18/97 PDT, Larry Masinter wrote:
>I suggest that IPP wait until IETF-FAX has actually resolved the TIFF-F
>vs TIFF-FX issue in a satisfactory manner before baking TIFF-F into IPP.
>
>Using enums instead of MIME types for describing media types in an
>internet protocol is a bit suspect, isn't it?
>
>Larry
>--
>http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter

Larry,

Printer MIB, which is already on the Internet standards track before IPP,
using SNMP as protocol, so it is only a matter of which Internet standard
we align with. The majority of the people active in the PWG and IPP has
seen alignment with the Printer MIB and Job Monitoring MIB as more
important than with MIME, which has led to the current proposal.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com