IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP>MOD - best effort

RE: IPP>MOD - best effort

Chris Tabor (C.Tabor@bull.com)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:31:40 -0700

On Tuesday, July 22, 1997 6:27 AM, Roger K Debry [SMTP:rdebry@us.ibm.com]
wrote:
> Bob, You've clearly simplified things by
> getting rid of the "may-ignore ..." job
> attribute. But, I still believe that a
> "best-effort" job template attribute is better
> than a new parameter. To me, whether or not I want
> the job to print, regardless of attribute errors,
> is itself an attribute of the job. Let's keep
> attributes attributes!

Or is it a parameter that controls the selection of job attributes?

> o there is a job attribute "best-effort" for specifying what the
> client wants.
>
> <RKD> This is straightforward and consistent with it being
> <RKD> a job template attribute. I see no problem here.

<<<Snip>>>

--C
Chris Tabor (602) 862-5806 Go Suns!!!
C.Tabor@bull.com Fax (602) 862-4290 Std Disclaimer - The ideas,
opinions, recommendations and views expressed in this message are my own and in
no way represent those of my employer or Internet provider.