IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MIME-types and alignment

Re: IPP> MIME-types and alignment

AlBrahme (albrahme@byas.com)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 18:39:07 +0000

Larry Masinter wrote:

> When IPP is being used for transporting a message (document, print
> instructions) from a willing sender to a willing recipient, alignment
> with other widely implemented and deployed Internet protocols for
> message transmission (mail, fax, Web) is more useful than alignment with
> some hypothetical and not widely deployed protocol for system management
> and monitoring of the status of a device.

I like this idea. Earlier i tried to get TIFF-F (for fax) included in
the printer
mib but did not get much support. But if IPP is going to be aligned
with
MIME that will solve the problem since TIFF-F will be assigned a MIME
type
anyway.

/al