IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP>MOD Why use Job-Id instead of Job-URI for Jobs?

RE: IPP>MOD Why use Job-Id instead of Job-URI for Jobs?

papowell@astart.com
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:50:41 -0700 (PDT)

One of the ways that problems such as format for URI's for printing
can be handled is to issue an 'Informational' RFC that describes
a 'Best Practices' type of condition.

I do not see a conflict with the IPP RFC in doing this. It would,
in fact, probably be a good way to handle the issues of 'particular
URI formats for portability'.

Also, an informational RFC and 'Best Practices' is not binding...
just gentle hints.

Patrick Powell