IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP>MOD job-k-octets-supported issue

Re: IPP>MOD job-k-octets-supported issue

Keith Carter (carterk@us.ibm.com)
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:09:52 -0500

I agree with Tom's proposal.

Keith Carter
---------------------- Forwarded by Keith Carter/Austin/IBM on 11-25-97 02:32 PM
---------------------------

ipp-owner@pwg.org
11-14-97 10:10 AM
Please respond to ipp-owner@pwg.org @ internet

To: ipp@pwg.org @ internet, Robert.Herriot@Eng.Sun.COM @ internet
cc:
Subject: Re: IPP>MOD job-k-octets-supported issue

Hmmm... You have a good point here.

I think this means that "job-k-octets", "job-impressions", and
"job-media-sheets" should be moved from the Job Template group and become:

OPTIONAL (for clients to submit and Printers to support) operation attributes
with corresponding OPTIONAL Job Description attributes
(same as "job-name", except that "job-name" is MANDATORY).

and the corresponding "job-k-octets-supported",
"job-impressions-supported", and "job-media-sheets-supported" would become
Printer Description attributes.
(There aren't any "xxx-default" for these three).

NOTE that such a change has almost no effect on implementations, except
that these three attributes are submitted in the Operation attributes group,
instead of the Job Template attributes group (and their processing is
handled without regards to ipp-attribute-fidelity, as Bob points out).

Tom