IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MOD - Definition for 'reverse-portrait' enum value

Re: IPP> MOD - Definition for 'reverse-portrait' enum value

Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:37:20 -0500

I tried to send this yesterday but there was a problem...

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---------------------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 01/09/98=
08:22 AM
---------------------------

Harry Lewis
01/08/98 04:43 PM
To: ipp@pwg.org @ internet
cc:
From: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM @ IBMUS
Subject: Re: IPP> MOD - Definition for 'reverse-portrait' enum value

Since job-template attributes are intended to override embedded print s=
tream
instructions, I'm confused by 4.2.10 orientation-requested (type2 enum)=
which,
by its definition, indicates the opposite (this attribute WILL be overr=
idden by
the PDL as a matter of course, if I understand correctly).

If we're just trying to address "plain-text" with this attribute, then =
maybe it
should be called "plain-text-default-orientation"?

Otherwise, this particular attribute appears to go against the grain wi=
th
respect to the intent of job-template attributes. I think it is unique =
in this
sense which could be why we are struggling with the definition.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

ipp-owner@pwg.org on 01/08/98 10:04:56 AM
Please respond to ipp-owner@pwg.org @ internet