IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference - 980114

Re: IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference - 980114

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 08:49:10 PST

At 07:02 AM 1/19/98 PST, James Walker wrote:

>This seemed like a nice approach to me as well. In fact, I so much
>as raised it as a suggestion at the last IPP conference call (only
>I being a MIME neophyte suggested "multipart/mixed"; your suggestion
>sounds a lot better to me). However, my suggestion was immediately
>shouted down, as "this issue had already been discussed in the past,
>and a decision made".

Jim,

This is not my recollection from the phone conference. I believe that I
also brought up this alternative, when Bob Herriot indicated that he saw
a problem with including the document data within an XML body.

I think that the more important issue is whether we find consensus that
going down the XML lane at all makes sense at this stage.

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com