IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Consensus on sending our drafts to the IESG

RE: IPP> Consensus on sending our drafts to the IESG

Josh Cohen (joshco@microsoft.com)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 02:31:02 -0800

I do not agree that we have "consensus".
To me, consensus means at least a majority in favor,
and no "vehement" objections.

I would go along with saying we have "rough consensus, with
strong minority dissention".

Carl, at the end of the debate, essentially a compromise
was reached (at your suggestion), that this would be
clearly indicated as we move forward to last call.

I oppose last calling our current documents. However,
we dont want to upset the process for no reason, so
we agreed to go along with last call as long as the
situation was correctly described as we move to last call.