IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: SENSE> Time to shutdown the SENSE project?

Re: IPP> Re: SENSE> Time to shutdown the SENSE project?

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:41:44 PST

At 09:42 AM 2/6/98 PST, Jay Martin wrote:
>Well, it looks like SENSE will (again) get a stay of execution,
>given the
recent interest by the IPP folks.

>Since almost no one likes
cross-postings, I'd like to suggest
>that all SENSE threads revolving
around IPP should be conducted
(ipp@pwg.org).

>The exact schedule has not yet been devised for the
upcoming
>IPP meeting in Austin, TX (March 4-5), but I am hoping that
>some
serious time will be allowed for discussing how SENSE
>can (or can't) be
used for IPP.

> ...jay

Jay,

I am trying to get some feedback from our IETF Area Directors on how
to proceed with the IPP notification subject.

In the meantime, we can certainly discuss SENSE and other potential
approaches for how to tackle the notification subject within the framework
of the PWG.
However, I think that starting to document more details about our
requirements should come first, as has already been suggested by several
people.

Unless we are in for any surprises from the IESG, which might be higher
priority, we should definately spend a good part of our PWG IPP in Austin
to discuss this.
Hope you can make it to Austin.

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com