IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MOD> A New View of Notification Requirements

Re: IPP> MOD> A New View of Notification Requirements

Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:02:10 -0500

Ron, I agree with your qualifications of the notification
requirements. I'm not sure I understand this one, however:

> The local user may or may not be the submitter of the document
> to be printed. He is always the recipient of the document.

Can you please elaborate? Unless (and perhaps even if) the submitter
is capable of directing notification to a specific recipient, as sugges=
ted
by Charles Gordon in another thread (Three Types of Notification).

>2. Notifying the intended receiver of the job that he has a new job a=
>the printer.

I would always think of the submitter as wanting notification.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

ipp-owner@pwg.org on 02/09/98 10:12:51 AM
Please respond to ipp-owner@pwg.org @ internet